Christmas is long gone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy tasty homemade food, especially cookies. I am a person who does not like to spend much time in the kitchen but rather to do eat and to take photos. That’s why I will reveal to you my favorite super easy honey cookies recipe that you will fall in love with. Still, it’s a sweet Sunday!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tea cups of oil
- 2 tea cups of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of melted honey
- 1 pack of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of soda bicarbonate
- 1 teaspoon of crushed carnation
- 1 pack of vanilla powder
- 4 teaspoons of flour (here is recommended not to keep the number of glasses exactly, but to keep track of it by adding the flour to the mixture, to stop sticking – then it is ready.)
- Break the eggs in a deep bowl with the mixer, add the oil and sugar. Stir until the sugar melts completely;
- Add the vanilla, carnation and soda all together with the honey and stir again until a homogeneous mixture forms. It would already be difficult to use the mixer, so you can do it by hand;
- Gradually we start to add the flour by striving to reach the consistency of the solid dough at the end. It’s good when it’s ones ready to let it stay in the refrigerator overnight. This is how the flavors and tastes have gathered, and make more delicious dough for cookies. Of course, if you decide to make sweets on Sunday afternoon and want to bake them now, there’s no problem at all.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. If you have no cookie cutters, you can use a water glass. I personally sometimes make rolls as big as walnuts and bake them like this. They are also very tasty!
- The oven is nice to be pre-heated at 180 degrees. I put cookies on baking paper, so they do not stick to the tray. Each tray is baked for about 7-10 minutes. Still, watch the color of the honey cookies – they should not become brown, but be golden, otherwise they will be very crunchy. Do not be afraid to burn them a bit – they still be very delicious!
For more tasty recipes you can click HERE.
Have a sweet Sunday!